From: Chris Weed (chrisweed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-22 21:37:57

The first thing I want to try is as follows:

I would like to be able to use this algorithm on compile-time values,
such as a known filter, and re-use it on the input signal I want to
process at run-time.

The usual use case is that you have a pre-computed filter (the DFT of
your filter), and perform an FFT on an input signal at run-time.
Instead of calculating the DFT off-line, I would like to just
calculate this with a compile-time operation. For now, I could just
use the DFT operation for the run-time calculation, but maybe later
rewrite it as an FFT.

After this I would like to try this on signals that mix run-time and
compile-time values, such as a signal padded with zeros. This could
potentially eliminate the usual DFT/FFT instructions on the zeroed
part, using the compiler to optimize these away.
Chris