From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-25 16:53:32

"Ovanes Markarian" <om_boost_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Do you generally recommend to avoid init_unit_test_suite? If yes, could
> you explain why?
>
> I have some hierarchy of unit tests which might depend on other tests. And
> in case of avoiding
> init_unit_test_suite, I would need to introduce one more level in the
> hierarchy, since in my case
> test_suite can depend on some other test_suits. Currently this kind of
> dependency is added in
> init_unit_test_suite.

init_unit_test_suite is required in comparatively small number of cases.
Test unit dependency specification is one of them (though I may consider
supporting dependency specification for auto test units in a future). For
the most test modules (like the one in OP) you could use auto test cases
instead. It's save you from unnecessary work of manual test case
registration.

Gennadiy