From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-26 06:03:08

Manish Mangal wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have built the StlPort 5.1.0 shared dlls and boost 1_33_1 Shared
> dlls successfully.
>
> The Platform is MSVC8.
>
> I created a sample projeth with just on file with code:

> Compilation succeeds but I get two Linker errors (BOOST_DYN_LINK is
> defined)

Those are typically the errors you get when linking against Boost libraries
that were *not* also built against STLport.

> 2) add regex source code and compile ( using
> BOOST_REGEX_NO_LIB) : I get the errors for stdext namespace
>

> 1>C:\boost_1_33_1\boost/regex/v4/regex_workaround.hpp(145) : error
> C2653: 'stdext' : is not a class or namespace name

That's very strange: that section of code is protected with:

#if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC,>=1400) && defined(_CPPLIB_VER) &&
!(defined(__SGI_STL_PORT) || defined(_STLPORT_VERSION))

So should never be taken when STLport is in use.

I'm not able to reproduce this either using STLport 5.1 and VC8. What
specific compiler options are you using and which file generated this error?

Thanks, John.