From: Richard Dingwall (rdingwall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-28 14:56:41

On 1/29/07, Leon Mergen <leon_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 1/27/07, george <george13p_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > I am using ASIO at the moment and I think it's a shame such a great lib to
> have
> > to wait for so long to be part of the 'official' boost distribution...
> > Asio was accepted six++ months ago...
>

> I think it would be a shame to rush distribution of a library, which is
> already available as a separate library, and degrade the integrity of the
> boost distributions in the process..

Indeed. From what I've seen on the Asio-users mailing list, it's still
under fairly active development (mostly bug fixing/compiler
workarounds on funny platforms).

It's a fantastic piece of work. I can't wait for it to be rolled out
with an official Boost release.

A libasio package/port would be nice in the meantime though...

Richard