From: Marc Wäckerlin (marc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-01 09:06:32

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I believe that the only time BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT (or something like it)
> should be necessary is when one serializes a derived class through an
> abstract pointer.  It has two functions.  First, it ensures that code
> which would not be otherwise instantiated is in fact instantiated.
> Second, it relates an externalizable text string to the type being
> serialized.

So I probably need to call it for the first reason (not for the second one).

Any Idea why there's a link problem?

BTW: The idea in my concept is, that you can only deserialize the correct
object, which contains preinitialized instances, so that these instances
know, what type they are, and how to deserialize. I'll probably post an
example, when it all works.