From: Doug Gregor (dgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-01 10:03:08

On Jan 30, 2007, at 10:40 PM, Timmo Stange wrote:

> I'm working on a preliminary solution for an interface-compatible
> but thread-safe implementation of Signals for my project so that I
> will be able to switch to Boost.Signals should Doug Gregor find
> the time to add thread-safety there.

It is unlikely that I will ever find the time to do this, despite the
fact that it is the most-requested feature in any piece of software I
have ever written. I urge you (and Frank, and others that have gone
down this path) to consider completing a thread-safe signals/slots
library and submitting it to Boost. If you maintain (or nearly
maintain) the Signals interface, I would be thrilled make your thread-
safe implementation into Signals version 2, completely replacing the
existing version.

        Cheers,
        Doug