From: alexmark (talamar.lands_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 09:41:19

Hi!
What I found out is the problem disappears when the additional option /Og-
is set for release build.
But /Og- option is reported by VC8 as obsolete so I'm not sure it's good way
out.

Moreover, I tested "repro" code with all variants of allocators available at
boost::interprocess, both for "IntList" and for "TList".
The code works ok in the following cases:
- "int_allocator_t" (allocator for IntList) is either of type
private_node_allocator or simple allocator
and _does_not_ work correctly ("No memory" printed) when:
- "int_allocator_t" is either of type cached_node_allocator or
node_allocator.

The type of "tis_allocator_t" does not affect the result.

VC8 is claimed as more C++ standard compatible compiler than VC71, so I
suppose we have two variants:
- either the problem root is a bug in VC8 optimization routines
- or boost::interprocess source code (or some boost code it uses) is "less
compatible" with C++ standard than VC8 :)

Regards,
Alex.

P.S.
I tested the "repro" code having VS2005 SP1 installed.
The "repro" code runs ok in any case when built using VC71.

"Lars Hagström" <lars_at_[hidden]> wrote in message