From: Nat Goodspeed (ngoodspeed_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-02 10:03:14

[Nat] Probably not what you want to hear, but we checked the Boost
sources & includes into a subtree in our version-control system. For the
few Boost libraries we use that require building, we created
platform-specific project files and build them along with our own source
code. Naturally they don't require rebuilding as often as our stuff, but
it makes it more uniform for a new developer to get started.

This also allows us to use the VCS (Subversion in our case) to manage
the problem of merging local patches with new Boost releases.