From: John Dunn (john_dunn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-06 19:32:51

A while ago I posted a problem to the list about issues I was having using the
beta Visual Studio SP1, statically linking to boost::threads and compiling with
/clr ( http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/22464/focus=22617 ).
SP1 has been recently released and the problem still exists. I resubmitted a bug
report to Microsoft and they have marked the bug as [Won't Fix].

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=255748

A workaround is to use the DLL version of boost::threads. This is not ideal, as
I'd rather not have yet another DLL to cart around with my application. I'm
guessing that supporting the /clr switch in boost isn't a high priority but it
is the most straightforward way to integrate portable code ( communications, etc
) into a C# application.

John