From: pwm (pwmiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 12:55:48

I am trying to use the boost serialization library to save an objects
from a class heiarchy. I keep running into a stream error when
deserializing a pointer from an xml archive. I have everything
registered (that took a while, but I have that problem figured out, I
think), and the serialization to an xml archive seems to work just fine.
  I have stepped through the deep nesting of calls to the exception and
it is being thrown because the stream says it is bad when trying to read
the end tag.

I also tried it with text archives, and I get the same problem. I have
done the obvious (to me at least) things such as class
export/registration, us std::ios::binary for output/input stream
instances.

Any advice on how to track down this problem with a stream error? I
have gone back to first principles with a simple example and that all
seems to work. So it is obviously user error. I am trying to understand
what is wrong with my more involved case. I appreciate any advice
someone could give me.)

Thanks,
Phil