From: pwm (pwmiller_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 16:03:06

Robert Ramey wrote:

> This would normally be due the asymettric serialization where one does:

Thanks for the reply. I have checked and I do not think I am making
that error. So ... I am in the process of starting from scratch, and
now that is giving me problems.

I am starting with the shared_ptr example (I am using 1.33.1 with VC 8
sp1) and that works fine for text archive (after I comment out the
register_type calls for boost::detail::sp_counted_base_impl).

But when I replace all text archives with xml archives and update all
serialization calls with BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP, I still get the static
assert error that says I need to wrap with make_nvp. Any suggestions on
how to get the shared_ptr example working with xml archives?

Thanks,
Phil

P.S. I would try using the head or a stable point in CVS, but I cannot
access the boost cvs repository. Is there a place where I can download
a zip of 1.34?