From: Wu Yinghui, Freddie (yhwu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 22:24:50

Hi all,

I posted a question regarding usage of BJam V2 in building the latest
Boost checked out from the CVS
(http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2007/02/25201.php). But there seems
to be no interest in explaining that at all so far.

But I've sort of worked out most of the solution so far (though mostly
hacking around in the .jam files, which I suppose could have been done a
lot easier by someone more familiar with the building system). Still I
failed to build the Boost.Serialization library out-of-box.

> My system: Windows XP Pro SP2
> Compiler: MSVC 7.1

The errors I met was something like this:
=====snip=====
   Creating library
bin.v2\libs\serialization\build\msvc-7.1\release\instruction
-set-pentium4\qt3support-on\stdlib-stlport\threading-multi\boost_wserialization-
vc71-mt-p-1_35.lib and object
bin.v2\libs\serialization\build\msvc-7.1\release\i
nstruction-set-pentium4\qt3support-on\stdlib-stlport\threading-multi\boost_wseri
alization-vc71-mt-p-1_35.exp
basic_text_wiprimitive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"private:
 virtual enum stlp_std::codecvt_base::result __thiscall
boost::archive::codecvt_
null<wchar_t>::do_in(int &,char const *,char const *,char const *
&,wchar_t *,wc
har_t *,wchar_t * &)const "
(?do_in@?$codecvt_null@_W_at_archive@boost@@EBE?AW4resu
lt_at_codecvt_base_at_stlp_std@@AAHPBD1AAPBDPA_W3AAPA_W_at_Z)
basic_text_woprimitive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"private:
 virtual enum stlp_std::codecvt_base::result __thiscall
boost::archive::codecvt_
null<wchar_t>::do_in(int &,char const *,char const *,char const *
&,wchar_t *,wc
har_t *,wchar_t * &)const "
(?do_in@?$codecvt_null@_W_at_archive@boost@@EBE?AW4resu
lt_at_codecvt_base_at_stlp_std@@AAHPBD1AAPBDPA_W3AAPA_W_at_Z)
binary_wiarchive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"private: virtu
al enum stlp_std::codecvt_base::result __thiscall
boost::archive::codecvt_null<w
char_t>::do_in(int &,char const *,char const *,char const * &,wchar_t
*,wchar_t
*,wchar_t * &)const "
(?do_in@?$codecvt_null@_W_at_archive@boost@@EBE?AW4result_at_cod
ecvt_base_at_stlp_std@@AAHPBD1AAPBDPA_W3AAPA_W_at_Z)
binary_woarchive.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"private: virtu
al enum stlp_std::codecvt_base::result __thiscall
boost::archive::codecvt_null<w
char_t>::do_in(int &,char const *,char const *,char const * &,wchar_t
*,wchar_t
*,wchar_t * &)const "
(?do_in@?$codecvt_null@_W_at_archive@boost@@EBE?AW4result_at_cod
ecvt_base_at_stlp_std@@AAHPBD1AAPBDPA_W3AAPA_W_at_Z)
=====snip=====

I tried
dumpbin /all
bin.v2\libs\serialization\...\boost_serialization-vc71-mt-p-1_35.lib

And indeed, it seems that codecvt_null object's methods were missing
from the library. Any hints on how I can fix this problem?

Cheers,

Freddie

--
Wu Yinghui, Freddie
Senior Software Engineer
#12-01 Great World City East Tower
Singapore 237994
Tel:   +65 62226962 (Ext 216)
Fax:   +65 62226215
Email: yhwu_at_[hidden]
       http://www.dextroscope.com
Important:  This message is intended for the recipient(s) addressed
above.  It contains privileged and confidential information.  If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  You must
not read, copy, use, or disseminate this communication in any form.
Thank you.