From: abir basak (abirbasak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-12 06:24:09

Hi,
   I am at present using spirit for parsing unipen file as specified in
http://www.unipen.org/dataformats.html . That is great and quite easy to
parse, thanks to spirit.
  Now I am looking to use spirit for parsing an specific xml file ( w3c
inkml file). So my intension is not to have a generic xml parser, rather
than a specific xml parser (which also have some BNF grammar) . Anyone
had used spirit for domain specific xml parsing?
  I believe using spirit will make it faster. Also I am interested to
parse only a portion of the whole document at a time, and generate data
  from that portion only, rather generating data for whole DOM (The
files are large, 4-20 MB typically)
my xml file is something like,
<page>
    <trace ref = "1">
      0,1,2,3,4,3,4,3,5,4,3,4
    </trace>
</page>
note that inside <trace> the grammar is a BNF (comma sep float pairs
mostly)
  Any comments, or snippets to show how to do it?

--
Abir Basak, Member IEEE
Software Engineer, Read Ink Technologies