From: John Dunn (john_dunn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-15 12:05:28

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> I did not yet have time to look into this.
> It is on my todo list...
>
> Roland

The following comment was posted on my bug report in MS Connect -

-----
The triage team had the following brief comment about the issue: This looks as
if the issue is by design. Some of the termination code change in SP1 to fix
defects. If Boost is using undocumented APIs, it is a problem that needs to be
fixed there. Aside from that, architectural changes to loader lock will not be
undertaken now in the Orcas release, so this issue would not meet the Orcas
triage guidelines.
-----

So it doesn't look like it will be addressed on the MS end. At a minimum it
would be nice if compilation would fail ( with a somewhat friendly error message
) when a user tried to statically link with boost::threads with the /clr flag.
That would probably save a few people the same headache I went through trying to
determine why my program was crashing.

John