From: Timmo Stange (ts_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-16 01:18:47

Nat Goodspeed wrote:

> [Nat] You're right. Now the question is whether the machinery underlying
> the Combiner iterator-dereferencing mechanism is available for public
> consumption, or is messy implementation detail. For that I'll have to
> defer to someone more familiar with Boost.Signals internals.

The iterator approach is clearly an abstraction and the call mechanism,
especially the argument binding, which would be interesting here, is
an implementation detail.

I don't think Signals are meant to support this kind of inter-slot
dependency. How about simply using a "reference to state" as argument
for the slots instead of trying to get the result used by value for
subsequent calls.

Regards

Timmo Stange