From: Austin Shoemaker (ashoemaker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-17 20:04:49

I had the same question, and was unsuccessful in modifying the darwin
makefiles for boost bjam. I ended up directly compiling the relevant
Boost source into the XCode project, which automatically made it
universal, however being able to create a universal static Boost
library would be much preferred.

Adobe Open Source has some patches as part of their library that build
Boost as a universal binary, though I would rather just see the darwin
makefile updated. The only changes needed are specifying the 10.4u SDK
path and -arch ppc i386. However, I am not familiar with the bjam
makefile syntax.

Adobe's patches:
http://opensource.adobe.com/asl_readme.html

-- Austin