From: David Klein (dave_chp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-21 12:01:42

Christian Henning wrote:
> Thanks David, the output now is:
>
> C:\boost>bjam --toolset=msvc --libdir=c:\boost\lib --with-guid stage
> warning: no toolsets are configured.
> warning: you won't be able to build C++ programs.
> warning: please consult the documentation.
>
> error: Unable to find file or target named
> error: '/boost/serialization'
> error: referred from project at
> error: 'libs/guid/build'
>

> The path %BOOST_ROOT%/boost/serialization is valid.
>
> Christian

Hm, i just tried to build the guid lib. Here is what i did.
(current boost from cvs + guid_v5.zip from vault)

1) Start msvc command prompt (Start/Programs/Microsoft VS
XXX/Tools/Visual Studio XXX Tools/Visual Studio XXX Command Prompt)
2) set BOOST_ROOT = X:\path_to_boost
3) set BOOST_BUILD_PATH = X:\path_to_boost\tools\build\v2
3) cd into x:\path_of_guid_lib\libs\guid\build
4) bjam --toolset=msvc-8.0 link=static

bjam now builds Boost.Serialization + Boost.Threads + the guid library.

I had to use link=static, because there was an error building the
wserialization.dll's,
and i don't have time to figure out why now.

But i hope this works for you, too.

--
Regards,
dave