From: Maarten Nieber (hallomaarten_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-22 15:36:54

Hi, is it possible to add some documentation about possible linker conflicts when boost is used inside dlls and static libs? At the moment, my colleagues worry about using boost in our dlls or static libs, because when we give our (binary) libraries to a third party, the boost symbols in our libraries might give a conflict with boost symbols in the executable of the third party. I tried to solve this puzzle myself, but could not find a conclusive answer, which leads me to believe that this issue may be relevant for the boost documentation. Notably, I'm interested to know if this problem can occur if we only use boost header files but not binaries. Thanks in advance, Maarten Nieber ____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a PS3 game guru. Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games. http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121