From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-25 11:23:48

On Friday 23 February 2007 06:26 pm, Timmo Stange wrote:

> Hm, I think that still bears a higher level of dependency between
> connection site and observer - this time the observer needs to know
> the signal's signature. While you can use bind(...) on an ordinary
> function class, it would be difficult to forward the tracking to
> the true slot (I'd call the independently created one a slot model)
> after binding.

Couldn't tracked objects could be copied from one slot to another by
overloading slot::track to accept a slot as an argument? Then binding a
slot to another slot with a different signature would might look like

signal.connect(signal_type::slot_type(slot, _2, _1).track(slot));

It's a bit murky whether track(slot) would only cause the tracked objects
of slot to get tracked, or also track the slot itself (or its pimpl). I
suppose it would depend on whether copies of slots are deep or share the
same SlotFunction.

--
Frank