From: Sebastian Weber (sebastian.weber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-26 05:42:49

Hi!

> Thanks Sebastian.
>
> I would consider not allowing unknown variables in a config file to be
> correct behaviour. (The program should fail if you specify unknown
> arguments on the command line, and the config file is really just a
> substitue for the command line options).

Well, I would need this feature quite urgent, because depending upon
some parameters, my program loads different objects which have again
different program options. Thus I need 2 runs to process all options. In
the first run I decide which program modules I have to load. During this
first pass, unknown options are no problem so far. Only in the second
run, all options have to be processed.

Right now I just catch the unknown option exception which works, but
leaves me with possibly unparsed program options in the first run.

Sebastian