From: Diego Molla (diego_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-27 01:35:04

Hi,

I have a problem using the Boost regex library. I have isolated the
problem to the attached piece of code. For some reason the output returned
by the function that uses regex is garbage. I have tested the same program
on a Linux version of boost and it works fine. I wonder if the problem is
on the Windows installation. Could someone using Windows or Cygwin test
this and tell me if it works?

I've just re-installed the cygwin version (1.33.1-3) and I still get the
same error.

Here is a typical interaction. It should extract the XML attribute and
value but instead it returns garbage:

[diego_at_valencia ~...af/src]$ g++ -o regexError.exe regexError.cpp
-lboost_regex-gcc-mt
[diego_at_valencia ~...af/src]$ regexError
Write a fragment of XML:
this <test arg="a1">is a test</test> yeah
Write the XML tag to search:
test
Found element is a test
Searching arg="a1"
  Found attribute 1g with value a1
Write a fragment of XML:
this <test a2="more">is another test</test>
Write the XML tag to search:
test
Found element is another test
Searching a2="more"
  Found attribute or with value morY
Write a fragment of XML:
end
[diego_at_valencia ~...af/src]$

--
Do you want to know what is going on in Language Technology in
Australia and New Zealand? Join ALTA -- http://www.alta.asn.au/