From: misiu (misiu75_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-27 14:08:22

Hello,

I'm developing standard c++ application with boost libs: any, thread,
file_system, lambda, regex and everything is fine. Then I'm adding Qt
for GUI and on MS Windows still fine but on Linux I got very strange
problem: compilation and linking without problems (even no warnings) but
just after start program hangs (even not showing GUI window) but not
crushes (no core dumped). Without boost dependent parts Qt program works
fine and boost parts without Qt work fine as well. What do you thing
could make such a problem? What kind of checks can I do? If it is
important I compiled Qt and boost by myself.

I have to say I'm not so experienced with developing application on
Linux, everything I'm preparing on Windows and from time to time I'm
checking whether it works on Linux.

Regards,
Bartek