From: Gerd Menche (gerdmenche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-28 15:58:15

Dear Boost users,

I have come across this strange problem:

After designing an interface to a library dealing with
molecules (OpenBabel). I get the following compiler
error:

/usr/include/boost/graph/breadth_first_search.hpp: In
function ‘void boost::breadth_first_search(const
VertexListGraph&, typename
boost::graph_traits<G>::vertex_descriptor, Buffer&,
BFSVisitor, ColorMap) [with VertexListGraph =
OpenBabel::OBMol, Buffer =
boost::queue<OpenBabel::OBAtom*,
std::deque<OpenBabel::OBAtom*,
std::allocator<OpenBabel::OBAtom*> > >, BFSVisitor =
boost::VerboseBFSVisitor, ColorMap =
std::vector<boost::default_color_type,
std::allocator<boost::default_color_type> >]’:
bfs_example.cpp:73: instantiated from here
/usr/include/boost/graph/breadth_first_search.hpp:96:
error: no matching function for call to
‘vertices(const OpenBabel::OBMol&)’

Easy enough you say -- go ahead and write that
function.

But it is allready in place. After modiying
breath_first_search.hpp on line 96
from
 ... vertices(g) ...
... gvertices(g) ...

and changing the name of my vertices() function to
gvertices(). It works.

Is there a different vertices() function defined
anywhere, that gets in the way?

Looking for earth-friendly autos?
http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/