From: Aaron Windsor (aaron.windsor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-03 19:13:10

On 3/2/07, Shams <shams_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Thanks for the info.
>
> 1. Imagine a filesystem with just hard links ie. no symbolic links. Now I
> believe this is
> a "directed acyclic graph" which is just a rooted tree, right?
>
> 2. Now imagine a filesystem with hard links + symbolic links. Now certain
> directories
> may contain symbolic links to other directories or files. I want to
> represent this in
> BGL, what is this type of graph called?

Hi Shams,

1) Yes, it can be represented by a directed acyclic graph.
2) As stated, there's not enough restrictions on the structure of the graph
to call it anything more restrictive than just a "directed graph." It may be
acyclic, it may not be. But to suggest a representation, I'd have to know
what you're trying to do. If you're not sure, an

adjacency_list<vecS,vecS,directedS>

would probably be a good starting point.

Regards,
Aaron