From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-06 14:09:16

Ovanes Markarian wrote:

> using boost::wave (with context initialized as explained in
> the docs example) and trying to find out if some certain
> macro is defined leads to 2 errors:
> 1. Doc for context state:
> bool is_defined_macro(std::string const &name) const;
>
> But the source has no such function definition. I assume the
> signature was changed to:
> template <typename IteratorT2>
> bool is_defined_macro(IteratorT2 const &begin, IteratorT2
> const &end) { return macros.is_defined(begin, end); }

This is an oversight on my part. There was a function planned as described
in the docs, but somehow got lost in the vault... I added it into the
CVS::HEAD already.

> Trying to fix it and using the std::string::begin() and
> std::string::end() members to specify the begin and end range
> result in the error:

You did the right thing here.

[snipped the error explanation]

> I assume compiler dereferences iterator to char and char has
> no member to get_value. Does anyone have suggestions?

That's a bug. It's fixed in CVS::HEAD now. You can work around this problem
for now by using a instance of context_type::token_type::string_type instead
of a std::string for now.

I'll try to add these fixes to the upcoming release as well, but will have
to ask the release manager first.

Regards Hartmut