From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-08 16:02:09

Andrew Agno wrote:
> Ion Gaztañaga wrote:
> Right--whoops. Unfortunately, the code never appears to reach that point.
> Getting rid of the remove entirely results in the same output:
> Creating mutex
> Problem encountered:
>
> I also can't debug it using gdb for some reason, which makes this a bit
> difficult.
>
> What platforms would you expect the current code to work on?

In theory, I made some changes to extend the UNIX systems supported,
because not all UNIX systems have process-shared mutexes and condition
variables. For those systems (like MacOS, I think) an spin-lock based
emulation (using simple atomic operations) is used. The detection is
made using the header (please update your code to the latest CVS, so
that we can talk about the same code)
<boost/interprocess/detail/workaround.hpp>. If process-shared mutexes
are detected the macro

BOOST_INTERPROCESS_POSIX_SHARED_MEMORY_OBJECTS

is defined. Please check if that macro is being defined to know which
type of mutex are you using. In theory, you shouldn't get that
definition because I think MacOs does not support that. Anyway, I would
need a bit of help (gcc or whatever) to know what's going on.

Regards,

Ion