From: Brian Neal (bgneal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-15 12:01:22

Hi -

We used the ptr_container library under gcc and Linux. We are now
porting our software to the Integrity OS and the Green Hills Multi C++
compiler. This compiler has the EDG front end. It cannot compile
reversible_ptr_container.hpp.

I had to change this:

    class reversible_ptr_container
    {
    private:
        BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT( bool, allow_null = Config::allow_null );

        typedef BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME Config::value_type Ty_;

To this:

    class reversible_ptr_container
    {
    public:
        typedef BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME Config::value_type Ty_;
    private:
        BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT( bool, allow_null = Config::allow_null );

The compiler complains that the typedef Ty_ is private, but it is used
in the public part of the class where it should not be accessible.

I believe, but am not completely sure, that technically the compiler
is correct. We have noticed that this EDG front end is very picky (in
a good way).

Thank you.