From: Chris Hoeppler (hoeppler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-13 19:37:31

Vladimir Prus <ghost <at> cs.msu.su> writes:

> Ovanes Markarian wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > I am not sure if this is the issue of the program_options library or of
> > all libraries at all.

I suspect it's a build problem.

> > I got the HEAD revision from CVS and successfully compiled required
> > libraries. One of the required libs is program_options. I have variations
> > of the compiled lib with a name as:
> >
> > boost_program_options-vc-mt-1_35.lib
> >

> > When I try to recompile my code I get a linking error stating:
> >
> > LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> > 'libboost_program_options-vc80-mt-gd-1_35.lib'

I am experiencing the same problem with the RC_1_34_0 cvs version of boost, when
I reference the filesystem lib:

lib myLib
  : some_source.cpp
    $(BOOST_ROOT)//filesystem
  : : : ;

filesystem is automatically built in $(BOOST_ROOT)/bin.v2/libs/filesystem/_etc_
but during linking I get the above mentioned error. The library that was
actually built lacks the "lib"-prefix and is just called
boost_filesystem-vc71-mt-gd.1_34.lib

> How did you configure the msvc toolset? If configuring it
> in user-config.jam, you should have:
>
> using msvc : 8.0 : whatever ;

If configured like that the version number is correct but the linker still
cannot find libboost_filesystem-vc71-mt-gd.1_34.lib

> and if just using command line, you should use:
>
> bjam toolset=msvc-8.0

Trying the analogous command line for VC7.1 w/o a "versioned" entry in
user-config.jam results in the following error:

  feature.jam:269: in implied-subfeature from module feature
  error: "7.1" is not a known subfeature value of <toolset>msvc

Building the same project with cygwin-gcc works as expected. What needs to
be done to make the msvc build work?

Chris