From: Hendrik Belitz (hbelitz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-29 05:09:40

Dear fellow boost users,

I'd like to address a problem I just encountered on using mpl::for_each
(Boost 1.33). Similar to Scott, I implemented a stateful functor that should
be called for all types in a mpl::vector<>. for_each is no option, since it
passes the functor by value (Maybe someone could enlighten me in stating why
this is a wanted behaviour? According to the meta-programming book, for_each
takes a functor to be able to store the results of a computation which is
not possible if the functor is copied?). Are there any alternatives to
for_each for that case?

Regards
 Hendrik