From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-31 07:00:27

Federico J. Fernández wrote:
> As you may know, I'm trying to use boost::statechart::events with
> boost::variant, but I have the following problem. When I try to assign
> a statechart::event to a variant<events...> I need to define operator=
> for my class that is derived from the events.. and then when I call
> the statechart::event::operator= the compiler throws the following
> error:
[snip]

> Any clues?

Yes, a statechart::event<> is not currently assignable. This has never
cropped up before because statechart::event<> subclass objects are
usually passed around wrapped in a boost::intrusive_ptr. The attached
patch against the 1.34 branch should correct this problem.

HTH,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.