From: Tobias Schwinger (tschwinger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-02 14:35:01

Hi Tom,

Tom Bachmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to get more information about a member function pointer,
> using type traits, than is_member_function_pointer<T>::value? I'm
> looking for information about e.g. the constness and
> function_traits-like information.

theoretically, it's possible with function_traits (writing a traits
class for stripping the member pointer off the function type), but
practically it's quite unsafe (portability-wise).

There is a new add-on library for that issue:

     http://tinyurl.com/2nelk4 (archive, review version)

This version is complete, but slightly outdated.

The code of the latest version can be found in the Main CVS under
boost/function_types (the documentation will be added to the CVS once
it's updated to reflect the recent changes).

Regards,
Tobias