From: Vincent Torri (vtorri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-05 01:53:44

Hello,

I'm trying to build Boost 1.34 using STLport 5.1(.0), but I get those
error messages during link:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstlportstlg.5.1
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lstlport.5.1

I use Linux and gcc 4.1.2.

The static libs of STLport exist, but without the version number. Here is
how I compile and install STLport:

tar jxvf STLport-5.1.0.tar.bz2
cd STLport-5.1.0/build/lib
make -f gcc.mak depend
make -f gcc.mak
make -f gcc.mak all-static
make -f gcc.mak install
make -f gcc.mak install-static
cd ../..
cp lib/libstlport* $HOME/local/lib/
cp -R stlport $HOME/local/include/

Here are the available static libs:

libstlport.a
libstlportg.a
libstlportstlg.a

Note: I've just compiled STLport 5.1.3. Same files. They didn't change the
build system.

Note bis: I've asked the STLport devs if I should link my project with
static or shared lib of STLport. They answered the shared lib as it is
less troublesome. Maybe Boost should also do that.

I modified user-config.jam by adding ($HOME == /home/torri):

using stlport
     : 5.1.0
     : "/home/torri/local/stlport"
         "/home/torri/local/lib" ;

I compiled Boost with that command line:

../../boost-jam-3.1.13-1-linuxx86/bjam --prefix=$HOME/local stdlib=stlport --toolset=gcc

If needed, I can provide more informations on my system.

Vincent Torri