From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-11 12:32:09

On 4/11/07, Matthias Schabel <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> The formal review of the Math Toolkit, submitted by John Maddock,
> Paul Bristow, Hubert Holin, and Xiaogang Zhang, begins today, April
> 11 and ends April 20. The library and documentation may be downloaded
> from the Boost Vault:
>
> http://www.boost-consulting.org/vault/index.php?
> &direction=0&order=&directory=Math%20-%20Numerics
>
> The Math Toolkit is divided into three interrelated components :
>
> 1) a reasonably comprehensive set of statistical distributions
> 2) a set of high quality special functions
> 3) tools needed to implement special functions

My first (and probably only, as it is not my area) comment is that it
shouldn't just be called 'The Math Toolkit". 'Math' is much much too
big to fit into a single toolkit. This toolkit seems to be geared
towards statistics, so should be labeled as such. I see the directory
is called 'Math - Numerics', so maybe that label should be used
throughout (including header files, namespaces, etc).

Tony