From: Stephen Torri (storri_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-12 17:24:38

On Fri, 2007-04-13 at 00:02 +0300, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Peter Dimov wrote:
> > MSVC 8 says that you're using an uninitialized 'node' variable here.
> > Is this intended?
>
> Not likely since this leads to a fault in property_map.hpp:351 where iter is
> advanced past the end of the sequence.
>
> You might want to investigate how to activate the debug mode of your
> standard library implementation, if it supports one; this is invaluable in
> hunting down such iterator errors. Your compiler probably warned about the
> uninitialized variable, too; it's easy to miss an important warning if it's
> buried in a flood of harmless ones, but spotting the problem early because
> of it can be a real time saver.

I have very strict compiler flags:

g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -Werror -Wextra -ansi -pedantic -o test_dag
test_dag.cpp

This ran without reporting back an unitiailized variables. I use these
same flags in building the main program. This way the compiler aborts
when it get a warning so I have to deal with it. The gcc compiler flag
for warning about uninitialized variables, -Wuninitialized, is call in
the -Wall.

Stephen