From: David Daeschler (daveregs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-13 10:27:01

Douglas,

I am sorry. Originally when I replied to your post, I thought it came
from the MinGW user group. That is why I thought you were using MinGW.

In your case I have to agree with Rene, though you have given us the
final output of bjam where it fails to link, we would also need to see
what bjam had output before the error. bjam will usually tell you why
it can't create a library right at the beginning of the build..

For example, I know now that you're not using MINGW, but when you try to
build the serialization library with wide string support under the MinGW
environment it issues the following warning before it fires up the
compiler:

**** wide char i/o not supported by the mingw standard library ****
**** skipping build of <@boost!libs!serialization!b

When you start your build I would look for messages like this to help
you determine what the cause of your problem is.

Sorry about the confusion,
- Dave