From: PJ Durai (pjdtech2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-13 13:02:42

Hello everyone,

I am having problems using boost::condition in win32.

I have two threads waiting on a condition. When I call
condition::notify_all() from the main thread, I expected both threads
to fall through and proceed simultaneously.

But that is not what I am witnessing.
They behave like I had called condition::notify_one() twice.

One thread continues, does its thing (in this case a simple Sleep and
a printf) comes back to wait. Only after that point the second thread
continued from the condition.

Is this expected ? What am I missing ?

I can post the code if anyone wants to take a look.

My setup:

boost 1.33.1
Visual C++ 2005
Windows XP SP2

I have no other problems with building and running boost classes. (I
think the 'barrier' works as expected..)

appreciate your time.
thanks
pj