From: james.jones_at_[hidden]
Date: 2007-04-19 12:09:02

From: "Ferng, Andrew D" <andrew.d.ferng_at_[hidden]>
> I've also seen this occur with BGL. Before I make a call to
> connected_components, it's fine. Afterwards, intellisense no longer
> works.
> Maybe VS has an issue with reading hpp? Just my wild guess...

My guess is that IntelliSense just doesn't work with templates - whenever I've introduced templates into my code (BOOST or not), IntelliSense becomes UnintelliSense.

I also think this isn't too surprising. Considering the potential complexity of templated code, expecting IntelliSense to handle it well is probably not reasonable - IntelliSense would have to *execute* the entire template metaprogramming subset of C++ "on the fly" to handle template types completely.

-
James Jones Administrative Data Mgmt.
Webmaster 375 Raritan Center Pkwy, Suite A
Data Architect Edison, NJ 08837