From: Michael Fawcett (michael.fawcett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-20 12:40:50

On 4/20/07, Paul Giaccone <paulg_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> <code snip>

I don't see anything really wrong off hand.

> boost::scoped_ptr<Info> info;
> std::pair<double, std::valarray<double> > position;
> boost::shared_array<double> orientation;
> std::valarray<double> previous_position_parameter;

Why is orientation a shared_array when MyNode is not copyable?
Shouldn't orientation be a scoped_array, or alternatively, info be a
shared_ptr? I didn't see the copy-constructor or assignment operator,
so maybe you are manually doing a deep copy of info?

> Info is a class that contains further shared_arrays of simple types. The
> variable info is initialised in MyNode::initialize() because the sizes
> of the arrays are not known until that point.

I didn't see initialize listed, so I can't comment.

> I don't know how helpful this is, but thanks for anything you might spot
> that I have not.

Unfortunately I doubt I have been very helpful. Have you had any luck
on the MEL forums?

--Michael Fawcett