From: Hansi Hansi (hansiPet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-20 14:24:02

I don't know if this is the right forum for that...

In the following example I get the compile error (VS2005) Error 1 error C2027: use of undefined type 'boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<x>' c:\boost_1_33_1\boost\archive\detail\oserializer.hpp 567
Can anyone say me why? If I define const gps_position it works, otherwhise it fails

class gps_position
{
private:
friend class boost::serialization::access;
// When the class Archive corresponds to an output archive, the
// & operator is defined similar to <<. Likewise, when the class Archive
// is a type of input archive the & operator is defined similar to >>.
template<class Archive>
void serialize(Archive & ar, const unsigned int version)
{
ar & degrees;
ar & minutes;
ar & seconds;
}
int degrees;
int minutes;
float seconds;
public:
gps_position(){};
gps_position(int d, int m, float s) :
degrees(d), minutes(m), seconds(s)
{}
};

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
gps_position newVector;
const gps_position* poldVector = new gps_position();

{
std::ofstream ofs("test.dat");
boost::archive::text_oarchive oa(ofs);
oa << poldVector;
}

{
std::ifstream ifs("test.dat", std::ios_base::binary);
boost::archive::text_iarchive ia(ifs);
ia >> newVector; // read data
}

return 0;