From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-22 19:36:50

Frank Bergemann wrote:
> i use an external XML format for configuration of CORBA (MICO) data
> and managed to align that with boost::serialization
> (To not write my own encoder/decoder and to minimize efforts for my
> module, in case the customer wants more CORBA objects/methods in
> future. Actually i think it would be a good options to let generate
> the boost::serialitzation helper file directly by MICO idl compiler.)

What is the boost::serialitzation helper file? Oh maybe its what i called a
wrapper

> OK, for this now i have to check, that the (external, non by
> boost::serialization generated) XML image is _actually_ compliant with
> C/C++ data structures - especially for dynamic sized data. That is
> also covered now, the checks do fine.

How much time/effort did it take to do this?

> But what i didn't manage is to get the _location_ of error in the XML
> file - in case there is an error.

Hmmm - location as ? point to the line/character? current name? or ?

> opsc_hlr :2204 084723:D:### invoked for <value>
> opsc_hlr :2204 084723:D:### c'tor
> opsc_hlr :2204 084723:D:### done for <value>
> opsc_hlr :2204 084723:D:### d'tor

> So there is no recursion(???).

> Is there another way to get a "where am i" information within a
> serialize (load/save) helper?

make_...wrapper is not recurssive, save/load are.

I would derive from xml_?archive and override the save(NVP(T)..) and/or
load(NVP...) to capture/whatever the tags as they are read/writting. Don't
forget to call the original save/load.

Robert Ramey