From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-25 14:58:56

Helo Guillaume

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Guillaume Lazzara <glazzara_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Miércoles, Abril 25, 2007 7:33 pm
Asunto: [Boost-users] [multi_index] inherit from a multi_index
Para: boost-users_at_[hidden]

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if it is safe to create a struct and make it
> inherit from a multi_index.

Yes, it is perfectly safe.

> Actually I already tried but I got this error:
>
> /usr/include/boost/multi_index_container.hpp:204: warning: base
> class 'struct boost::multi_index::detail::header_holder<...>'
> should be explicitly initialized in the copy constructor
>
> Is it an issue due to Boost or because I'm doing
> something really bad?

This is a spurious warning emitted by an overzealous
compiler: are you using gcc with -W perhaps? If so, the
issue has been recently reported and fixed:

http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2007/02/25769.php

Can you grab a snapshot of RC_1_34_0 from

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost/snapshot/
boost-CVS-RC_1_34_0.tar.bz2

and report whether the warning message goes away?
Thank you!

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo