From: Roger Leigh (rleigh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-30 15:53:46

Hi folks,

The following code demonstrates the problem I'm having. I'm using
Boost 1.33.1 (Debian), but IIRC this worked last year with the same
version because I tested it; possibly a Debian-specific regression?

I expect both regular expressions here to match with the value string.
They certainly to with egrep. However, I only get the second to
match:

% g++ -c regex.cc -o regex.o && g++ -o regex regex.o -lboost_regex
% ./regex
It didn't match the first
It matched the second

Am I correct in my expectation that expression1 will match? If not,
what should I be doing to make it match?

Many thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh