From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-01 10:29:16

Richard Hadsell wrote:
> I wouldn't want anyone to hold up the 1.34.0 release for these issues
> that are probably just documentation problems, but someone should note
> that it is difficult to figure out how to build with a g++ compiler
> other than the installed default one. And if I want to compile with
> other options (e.g., -m32 for 32-bit code), I don't think I can do it.
>
> I could still use help or, at least, reassurance.

Well the 32 vs. 64 option has been available for some time as an
"address-model" feature when building. When not given the default for
the compiler is used. For 1.33.1 (BBv1) to change it would mean adding
"<address-model>64" for example, to the -sBUILD request. For 1.34.0
(BBv2) one would add an argument "address-model=64" when building.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything