From: Ng Pan (panng_wts_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-02 06:10:14

Dear all

I am using vc7.0 and learning how to use Boost.Serialization. I face to a
problem about serializing the member

std::vector<int *> m_vpInt;

let me state more. vc7.0 can support rtti, so I use no_rtti. I found an
example to use no_rtti (test_no_rtti.cpp).

std::vector<std::string> m_vsStr;
std::vector<polymorphic_derived1 *> m_vpD1;

Both m_vsStr and m_vpD1 can be serialized, but m_vpInt can't

what should I do to serialize the member, m_vpInt?

I found from the web serialization document :
http://www.boost.org/libs/serialization/doc/index.html
Is it related to my modification, especially the following last point ?

Visual C++ 7.0

* The "pimpl" demo fails to link. Cause and workaround for this is unknown
* XML serialization only works with version 1.6x of spirit. In order to
build and use this library with this compiler, one must use version 1.6x
rather than the latest version shipped with boost. See Release Notes.
* This compiler does not support partial template specialization. The
implementation of the new shared_ptr serialization depends upon compiler
support for partial template specialization. This compiler doesn't implement
this feature. In order to serialize shared_ptr<A>, invoke the macro
BOOST_SERIALIZATION_SHARED_PTR(A) in the header code.
* Lack of support for partial template specialization also creates problems
for serialization of std::map. In order to serialize instances of this type
include the invocation of BOOST_BROKEN_COMPILER_TYPE_TRAITS_SPECIALIZATION
for the key type of the map.

Best Regards
Barr Ng

No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp