From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-04 19:54:11

on Fri May 04 2007, "Gennadiy Rozental" <gennadiy.rozental-AT-thomson.com> wrote:

> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> * No way for a developer to request testing results for a specific
>> branch
>
> And against particular branch.

How is "for a specific branch" different from "against a particular
branch?" it seems as though you're repeating what I meant to say (?)

> That's what independent versioning should address.

I don't see a relationship between the two issues. The ability to
request test results against a specific branch has obvious utility;
you can try out changes and see how portable they are without
disturbing general test results. Independent versioning, by it self,
does not address that need. You'd still need to implement all the
same testing infrastructure, so I don't see the relevance here.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting