From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-05 07:13:44

I downloaded 1.34.0 beta, compiled it using

bjam --toolset=msvc --without-python stage

then wrote a small program that uses Boost.Thread. It didn't link. The
linker was looking for libboost_thread-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib, but couldn't
find it. Rightfully enough, because there was no such file. The bjam
command created libboost_thread-vc-mt-gd-1_34.lib - almost the same,
just "vc" instead of "vc80".

So I ran bjam again, this time with

bjam --toolset=msvc-8.0 --without-python stage

and then everything worked fine.

This can a be a bug either in Boost.Build, or in the autolink feature,
or in the documentation (getting_started.html) that suggests that
specifying the toolset version is optional, or in my brain... Which is it?