From: Ovanes Markarian (om_boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-10 13:30:42

Dear boosters!

I have a problem installing boost libraries as a relative path to project's
include directories. MSVC has 2 options to install libraries:
- globally for every C++ project
- locally for a single project (specified in project settings)

My intention is to install Boost locally, since this way any other developer
is able to check-out the project from the source control system and without
setting paths or global directories in MSVC start using the project. I have
successfully compiled boost libs and copied include and lib directories into
the proper place. Afterwards I tried to include <boost/variant/variant.hpp>
file. Preprocessor found it and included correctly, but I receive an error
from another file:

[Some_path]\thirdparty\include\boost\variant\detail\config.hpp(16) : fatal
error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'boost/config.hpp': No such file or
directory

There is really no such file in the include/boost directory. Did the
installation fail or do I miss smth. include and lib directories are taken
after passing the install paramenter to the bjam executable.

Many thanks,
Ovanes