From: abir basak (abirbasak_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-14 09:56:18

shunsuke wrote:
> abir basak wrote:
>
>> A few questions regarding boost View library (from sandbox)
>> 1) is it an accepted library ? if not when it will be accepted ?
>
> A few weeks ago, Boost.Range seems to officially start a project for views.

Thanks for the information.
Can you give me a pointer about how to implement a composite_view ?
It should have the functionality like,
1) iterates over a single container (single container view rather than
multi container view)
2) it is a view composed of 2 or more different kind of views,for e.g ,
I want a view of (2-120 , a range_view) and (133, 145, 148 , an
index_view/ permutation_view ), and one will be able to iterate over
theme seamlessly without having trouble to go through the underlying
container.
  I have all of the different views already written, but unable to club
them together to make a composite_view (I am thinking whether boost::any
  or tuple can make this happen)
BTW, for permutation_view I cant make use of boost::permutation_iterator
, because it is not converting a non-const iterator to const one , as
the friend conversion is not defined. I need to add the line to make my
permutation_view const corrected.

Thanks

--
Abir Basak, Member IEEE
Software Engineer, Read Ink Technologies