From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-14 11:41:37

Sebastian Pfützner wrote:
> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Cory Nelson wrote:
>>> This was pretty straightforward for 1.33, but 1.34 using BB2 seems to
>>> have changed things a bit. There doesn't seem to be any documentation
>>> on compiling 1.34 for x64 with VC++ - can anyone offer some insight?
>> Yea, as with previous Boost.Build versions those options are not
>> documented :-) Just add an "address-model=64" argument when building.
>
> I get the following error while linking a program with boost_regex:
> "libboost_regex-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib (w32_regex_traits.obj) : fatal error
> LNK1112: module machine type 'X86' conflicts with target machine type 'x64'"
>
> Are you sure about the parameter "address-model=64"?

I'm sure that's the option. What I don't knows is why it isn't working
since the Boost Consulting tests are done in in 64 bit mode. You could
try using some of the options Dave used in those test
<http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/BoostConsulting.html>:

address-model=64 instruction-set=opteron warnings=off --abbreviate-paths

> It seems that bjam
> ignores wrong arguments (which is bad), so one cannot confirm correct
> spelling. Maybe it is "address-model=x64", who knows...
> Isn't there a list of all valid parameters to bjam?

The reference section of the Boost.Build docs explains *some* of the
feature/options <http://boost.org/doc/html/bbv2/reference.html>. But
it's incomplete... documentation is never finished :-(