From: Bernhard Fischer (rep.dot.nop_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-15 04:49:28

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 11:04:56PM -0600, David Abrahams wrote:

>It's not your fault for following the pattern that was already there,
>but looking at the path to identify the compiler is suboptimal at
>best. We should be invoking the compiler using the SHELL function and
>asking it to tell us its version. See gcc.jam for an example.

Does gcc.jam pickup CC and CXX env variables, btw?

I think that i had trouble to use the auto guessed toolset since
i want to use the CC and CXX and do not have gcc nor g++. I had to
create my own cc.jam, since for --with-toolset=cc i was unable to find
a corresponding jam file. CC and CXX both point to gcc executables of
the form gcc-4.2-suffix resp. g++-etc

How would i use these compilers to build boost?